From:
Bruce Gaylord <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Aug 2000 03:04:27 EDT
Open Internet Explorer and type "?  Stevia" without the quotation marks.
This search comes up with 186 listings of web pages on stevia.  I'll list
a few.  (What your looking for is the white powder from what I read other
types have a licorice taste.)

<snip>
The Japanese, having subjected stevia extract to extensive safety testing
and found it without health risk, now incorporate it in numerous food
products, including candies, ice cream, pickles, and soft drinks (including
some reportedly manufactured by Coca-Cola)-products that might otherwise
have been sweetened with refined sugar or chemical substitutes.  In 1988,
in fact, refined stevia extract commanded a 41 percent share of Japan's
multimillion-dollar market for high-intensity sweeteners-outselling even
the ubiquitous American-made chemical compound NutraSweet.

http://www.stevia.net/
http://www.healthy.net/hwlibrarybooks/stevia/questions.htm
http://www.alacartegifts.com/stevia/steviafacts.htm
http://www.mcs.net/~joyce/stevia.html (sales and Recipes)
http://www.holisticmed.com/sweet/stv-cook.txt
http://www.healthfree.com/stevlife.htm
http://www.holisticmed.com/sweet/stv-faq.txt
http://www.raysahelian.com/stevia.html
Total of the search turned up 186 listings for stevia