From:
KiSta Ferret Shelter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Dec 2000 23:40:31 -0500
Hello Everyone,

I'm sure you've been reading Anne's posts, and I've been being lazy, and
not posting.  Well, not lazy, just busy.

We took in 16 ferrets.  11 of them are whole hobs, 2 of them pregnant
jills, 2 questionable jills, and one neutered boy.  Thank you Stan for
modifying my large Midwest cages to house these boys with no notice late
Saturday night, when I know you had other pressing holiday things to do.
The ferrets and I sincerely appreciate it.

We (my amazing volunteer Lisa and I) took photos of the ferrets while we
were at the Upper Township shelter picking them up.  It was so tragic the
condition these ferrets were in.  I know that Mr. Mason was fairly well
known in the ferret community, and it is always tragic to lose a human
life, but I have to say that these ferrets were not even close to being
cared for properly.  I apologize for saying that.  But, its the truth.
The pictures can tell you that more than any words ever can.

www.kistaferret.com/xmasrescue

These photos are not pretty.  I want to warn you in advance.

Anne took in the majority of them (60+ ferrets).  I took in mostly whole
hobs,and seriously in heat or pregnant jills.  The hobs are all happily
peeing all over my home, and their cages.

If you're in a position to give; this is the time.  Anne and I could
both use volunteers to help clean (her more so than I), supplies, vet
donations....everything needed to care for multiple ferrets (100+ ferrets,
that is).  The ferrets at my shelter (the new ones) are not ready to be
adopted or transported anywhere yet, as they're not spayed or neutered.
Anne has all of the neutered ferrets, and I'm not even sure if they're
ready yet, due to the dismal conditons they were kept in, and lack of
vet records... I think that any of these ferrets will need vet
care/vaccinations as a minimum before they're ready to be placed anywhere.
I know that Anne has multiple "existing" shelter ferrets, as do I (40 at
this time), that will be ready to go after the holidays.

Thanks to everyone who has contacted Anne & I, sent well wishes, donations,
and love for these ferrets.  Thank you Lisa and Mr. Will for taking in 11
of my existing shelter ferrets, so I would have room to house these kids.
Thank you Lisa also for braving the trip down to the shelter with me, and
helping me keep it together enough to get the job done.  It was not easy.
It was damn heartbreaking.  I will give these ferrets everything I can.
They will for certain have a good holiday, and deserve it.  They've been
through enough.

Kim Rushing
KiSta Ferret Shelter
www.kistaferret.com