From:
Kim Minick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2002 22:19:54 EDT
This has been an awful few weeks for us.  We lost Pearl soon after we
rescued her due to a huge tumor that made up 40% of her tiny little bodies
weight, then Dan crashes with low blood sugar.  We get the taken care of
and now we are afraid we might lose Murphy.  He ate part of a tulip bulb
and that caused a blockage.  Tulip bulbs are also toxic.  He came through
the surgery on Friday, but he is still pretty much comatose.  Part of that
could be the pain meds that he is on because he is in a lot of pain.  Why
he is in a lot of pain we aren't sure.  He is not currently eating or
drinking on his own, and is on an IV.  He can't come home until he is
alert enough to eat and drink on his own.  I am lost as to what else to
try for him.  The vet does not want to give up on him yet, he thinks that
he can pull through.  But I have to tell you, it is tough to see your
ferret in a coma, and no one can really figure out why.  The fact that he
lived through surgery is astounding.  As long as the vet thinks he has a
chance, I have to take it.  If anyone can think of anything else to do, or
something to try, please let me know.  I am going crazy here with worry
and guilt.

Kim in Reno