From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 11:12:40 CST6CDT
Blue Circles -
When our vet spays the incoming shelter ferrets he puts a female sign with a
line across it on their tummies to show that they've been spayed.  Could
other vets be doing the same thing?

NOW - That is NOW cleaner from Sams.  Works great to kill bugs and is not
tested on animal and non-toxic.

Hunting - For years we lived in a mobile home in the country.  Mice came in
during the winter to stay warm and in the summer to stay cool.  The ferrets
and mice lived peacefully together.  One time I heard squeaking and Marley
had caught one.  He was playing with it, not really hurting it, just picking
it up and it would squeak and he'd put it down.  Found a couple babies in
one of their beds one time... and two ferrets curled up in front of it.
There are many definitions for "Hunt".  Do our ferrets really hunt?  Hmmm...
let's see.  Some chase and sometimes kill rodents that accidentally come
into our homes, and some deliberately get into our pet rodents cages to
sometimes kill them and some ferrets live peacefully with wild or domestic
rodents that are in our homes.  When we take them outside do they
automatically go on the prowl for game?  Mine don't, they are too interested
in rolling in the grass and seeing where it goes down the road.  They don't
even notice the birds squawking at us.  I wouldn't call ferrets hunters
(IMO), they don't "hunt" rodents for food, however, some will sometimes eat
the occasional unfortunate bug or rodent that crosses their path.  But then
again they do sometimes "hunt" the raison (I know, but hadn't seen it
spelled that way yet :-)) box, milkbone cookie jar, linatone bottle, dirty
socks.... Hmmm..  maybe they are hunters.  :-)

Hugs to all.  tle (aka Sprite)