Date:
Mon, 31 Oct 2005 12:22:56 -0500
The entries are literally rolling in for AFA's Winter Nationals Ferret
Competition to be held on December 3rd in Horticulture Hall at the York
Fairgrounds in York, PA.  If you are planning on entering your ferrets,
please don't delay since most rings do fill up early!  So don't whine to
me if you procrastinate and miss out.  You can't say I didn't warn ya!

I need to have my ribbon order in by the 16th of November due to the
Thanksgiving Holiday, so I will be setting the specialty ring counts ON
THAT DAY.  Please don't delay or I may have to tell you the specialty
ring you want to enter is now closed!!!

If you haven't heard of one of the country's largest ferret shows of the
year, you can find your entry form at
http://www.ferret.org/pdfs/showforms/2005WinterPacket.pdf
and other information at www.ferret.org .

I would like to take this opportunity to thank our most generous sponsors
for this show.  Without their continued support we would not be able to
do what we do best for the ferrets!  The Ferret Store is sponsoring 2 of
our Title Classes.  They will also be in attendance at the show for your
shopping pleasure.  Eight In One Pet Products, Ferret Depot.com and
Ferrets/Ferrets USA Magazines are sponsoring our other 3 Title Classes.
Look for 8-in-1 at the show, they will have a table and always donate
lots of goodies for our raffle.  Ferret Depot.com will be donating lots
of great items for our raffle, too!  Ferrets/Ferrets USA will be in
attendance and they usually donate a one year subscription to the raffle.
Be sure to stop by all our sponsor tables and thank them for their
support of the ferret community.

Path Valley Farms is one of our regular multi-ring specialty class
sponsors.  Derrick at PVF is sending lots of great items for our raffle
and for each exhibitor.  Look for PVF goodies in your check-in goodie
bag!  Martin's Cages is another multi-ring specialty class sponsor for
this show.  Be sure to stop by Martin's Cages and pick up a new cage or
playpen for your favorite fuzzbutt!  Are you in the market for a new
ferret condo?  Looking for something special?  If Skip doesn't have it
in stock then he can make it exactly to your own custom specifications.

Other specialty class sponsors include: 4 rings sponsored in honor and
in loving memory of dearly departed ferrets, Kritter Koncepts, Novel
Beginnings Ferretry, Ravensnest Ferretry, Rhawnhurst Animal Hospital,
Savannah Lakes Ferretry and Scarlett's Happy Dookers Ferretry.  Thank
you, thank you thank you!

Once again Jennifer Deming of Photos With Flair will be in attendance.
Jennifer is IMHO the best ferret photographer who does the show circuit
today!  If you haven't had your fuzz photographed by Jennifer, then this
is your golden opportunity!  Don't miss it!

It looks like quite a few newbie ferret show goers and vendors will be
in attendance, so all you veteran show folks, please, please make the
newbies feel welcome!  I am proud to annouce that Kritter Koncepts is
making the treck all the way from Wisconsin for our show.  I have been
trying to get these guys to come east for years, so I am really excited
they are coming to this show.  I love their products -- be sure to check
out all their great items!  Remember, this is the last show for the
season to do all your Christmas shopping for your fuzz, your family's
fuzz and all your other fuzz fancier friends!  Our vendors come well
stocked with lots of unique goodies to make everyone's holiday happy!

This is the last show for AFA's 2005 show circuit, so it is also the
last opportunity for those ferrets in the running for adolescent, alter,
breeder and companion ferrets of the year to rack up those vital show
points.  And remember, your ferret must have attended at least four (4)
AFA sanctioned shows in 2005 to be eligible for the yearly awards.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me directly at
jbferret @ mindspring.com.

Take care and I hope to see everyone on December 3rd in York!
Vickie

Vickie McKimmey

Director of Shows and Special Events
American Ferret Association, Inc.