From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:52:49 -0600
It is just natural for the ferrets to, as I put it, snakepush dance across
the carpets.  To them, its a body scratch, you might even do it yourself if
you couldn't reach all parts of your body with your nails - think of when
you get up in the morning, do you kinda scratch your tummy as you head
for the bathroom.  It just gets their ruffled fur all headed in the right
direction, like combing your hair.  It is routine at my place, #1 get the
"olive oil", #2 head for whatever potty is nearest, #3 snakepush dance
across the nearest rug #4 beg for, crawl up leg or whatever for a possible
second helping of "olive oil", #5 check to make sure someone didn't leave
the gate unlatched to get into the rest of the house then #6 line up at the
door for the morning romp in the yard.  I think of all the things they do,
scooting across the rug is one of the cutest, but then I also think they
look cute "sitting on the potty" yawning as they are waking up in the
mornings.

Jean, when you get up there in front of the camara before the judge, just
play it cool, don't interrupt the deamons and wait for the judge to ask you
for your side and then paint a beautiful picture like you did on the FML,
brief and to the point, no anger, no emotion, just the real bottom line
facts.  Let them make more of a behind of theirselves and you will come out
looking like an angel protecting the rights of these little darlings.  Good
luck and look forward to seeing this.

Cindy, thank you for your post, sometimes it takes grafic details like that
to visualize the abuse these gifts from God go through via humans.  I find
it hard to believe, yet I know it happens, that anyone can harm them.  From
the beginning, there has been something about ferret feet that get to me,
the dainty little toes, the expression in their feet, you can tell when
they are resting, when they are excited trimbling, as they bounce on them,
and then when they find something new to get into, the way they spread
those toes to balance their digging.  To think of them being so swollen out
of shape, its sickning.  I'm going right in there and massage everyone's
toes right this minute - well, no I am going to wait, they are outside
getting dirt between them now, I'll wait til they clean up.

And Dervish, what an statement you are to the world (not just cause you
knew Easy Off was the most perfect) and I know somewhere that Ferret
Godmother is bursting with pride, what a little ambassador you are.

Millie & here shivering, ambitious noble cleaning crew
Easy Off:  the most perfect ferret in the whole wide world
Ammonia:  hey what do you call a silver mitt who dyes her hair siamese
chocolate:  artificially intelligent....
Cascade:  I am moving to Alaska, they don't kiss, they rub noses, that's
okay with me
Ajax:  Have you noticed how the rice sticks to your coat when you jump
in it after coming out of the swimmingpool????
Dizzy:  No Ajax, you are the only one trying to catch those pingpong
balls outta the water.  We are more sophistokated than that.
Joy:  Here Dizzy, move your arm so I can give you a good old scratcharoo