From:
Peg Francisco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 18:02:01 -0500
I had to make the hard choice yesterday of helping Freckles let go of her
tired body.... She was my first ferret ever and seven years old.  She was
the Houdini ferret who broke out of the cage so many times and led the
others in the party when mom wasn't home.  She was the "mumma weezil",
washing ears and giving comfort to all of the others.  She played right
up until her body wouldn't play any more...

I'm having a really hard time with the immense sadness, maybe because she
was my first ferret...so patient with me as I learned how to be a ferrety
person; enchanting me with her antics and her warm musky smell.  She
welcomed all of the other ferrets into the group; some were fosters and
moved on to other homes; others became a permanent part of the family of
fur...All were snuggled with, groomed and made to feel welcome.

Sandy, please help her find Ragamuffin, and Smudge who crossed over just
a few weeks ago.  I wonder how he's adjusting - when he crossed, he was
blind and deaf.  Can he hear me now when I say I love him?  Freckles was
such a good "mom"; please help her find those who need love and comfort
since that's what she did best.  Freckie, I miss you....

May we all live our lives like Freckles lived hers: loving and giving
comfort to others, and playing until our bodies won't play anymore.

Sadly,
Peg and the Perrysburg Polecats