Date:
Mon, 3 Jul 2000 18:42:39 -0500
Greetings everyone~~
I recently became the proud mommie of a beautiful little female ferret I
named Pumba, after the death of my beloved Angel, (my cat who shared my
life for over 20 years).  I thought a long while before deciding to adopt
a ferret, having limited knowledge about them, but after reading all that
I could on the little fuzzy creatures, I thought sharing my life with one
would be a joy.

My husband and I purchased our little fuzzy at Petco, and as best as I can
figure (from the papers we received from Petco) she was 6 weeks old when we
got her, (or perhaps a few days younger than six weeks).  I looked in the
cage of all the ferrets, and found the smallest one.  When I went to pick
her up, she nipped my finger.  at that moment, I knew she was the one!  Her
body was champagne in color, her head darker and she had a distinct mask.
Her coloring is beginning to darken now, looking very much like the ferrets
from Beastmaster.

I had a little difficulty getting her to eat at first but, through trial
and error, I've found that she loves Iam's dry kitten food and it's small
enough for her to eat without any problems.  (She wasn't favorable of the
water softened food).  She also loves raw broccoli, and I'm wondering if
the raw vegetables will cause her problems.  From what I've read, the
little fuzzy's can be given raw vegetables and fruit... and this is the
only vegetable i've found she's liked.  I do limit her intake of the
broccoli, usually giving it to her as a treat.  I am pleased to say that
she is litter pan trained, (though I keep a very close eye on her).  She
does have the roam of the living room, my husband and I do not want to keep
her in a cage, and since I'm a housewife, I'm here to watch her.  If we do
go somewhere that we can not take her, we put her in the bathroom with her
litter pan, (completely ferret proofed, and with the toilet lid down, of
course).

I'm new to this group but hope to share many wonderful moments in the life
of my lil darling Pumba.

~blessings!
~~faith