From:
Dodie Newcomb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Nov 1996 15:36:50 -0800
>From:    Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: NutroMax Kitten

>Dodie wrote about Bill Killian expressing problems with NutroMax Kitten
>food.  I feed my two critters NutroMax Natural Choice Kitten food.  Any
>adverse info would be greatly appreciated.  ...

ANON...yes there are much better foods that you can feed them.  Totally
Ferret, Eukanuba, Iams, Innova, etc.  I also was concerned enough about the
corn gluten that I switched, when I became more knowledgable about ferret
nutrition.  Unfortunatley, there are many pet stores out there that still
recommend NutroMax.  My oldest ferret, Gidget, refuses to eat anything else,
since that is all she was ever fed.  Actually she was fed the "cat" version,
until my vet recommended switching to "kitten", when I adopted her from my
sister in June '95.  Anyway, I did try to get her to switch to the TF, etc,
but she refuses to eat it.  She would pick out all the unwanted food and eat
only the Nutromax.  Since she weighs only 1.4 lbs., I felt that the Nutromax
was better than weight loss from self-inflicted starvation, and I didn't
want to waste the "good" stuff.  She does have the nicest coat of all,
though, but I guess that is partially due to her age of 3.5 years...they say
their coats get better with age.  The funny thing is that all of my ferrets
would rather eat the Nutromax!  The younger set will actually sneak into her
cage and steal mouthfuls of the stuff!  I guess it must taste pretty
good...dunno, haven't tried it, but I did sample the other stuff and it was
pretty yucky!<GGG> Perhaps, the corn gluten makes it taste sweeter?  If you
can get the better stuff, and get it without as much hassle, then by all
means, buy it and hope that they'll eat it!

BILL KILLIAN: I never got a reply from you regarding the problem that you
had with Nutromax.  Could you please let me know?  Look forward to you
meeting you on the 23rd, BTW!

SMOKING AT FERRET SHOWS:
I just wanted to thank Georgia Wood, Mrs.  Duck, and Tracy Tunnison for
their support on this issue.  It seems we all have the same concerns and I
am relieved to find that most ferret shows(including Tracy's) are
smoke-free.  I didn't even receive any flames over it.  Thanks, FMLers!

FML 10TH ANNIVERSARY
BIG, I haven't seen anything posted on this for quite some time.  Can we
have an update?  I know there is a separate mailing list for that, but since
I couldn't help with the planning, I didn't subscribe.  Maybe the newbies
would like to know more about it, too?

Dodie Newcomb and the Fertabulous Five

[Moderator's note: The update is easy - there is none.  I know you've all
heard it before, but I will try to get a short survey out this weekend.  I
know that once we decide on a location for sure, things can move more
quickly.

Someone is working on a 10th anniversary pin, and I expect T-shirts as well.
There are many talented people on the FML - looking forward to pulling it
together.  BIG]