From:
Holly DiMeglio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Mar 2002 18:27:40 -0900
My 4 year-old DEW, P-Bear has been alone since Oliver died in August.
I've tried countless times since I've owned him to help him get along
with other ferrets, but he quite literally beats the crap out of them!
Since Oliver has died, I've tried especially hard, but he's even worse.
I've finally given up, not knowing what to do, and knowing that the
longer he was a single ferret, the harder my problem would become.

However, I got a new, 6 month old kitten on Saturday.  My house has been
stressed with the addition of 2 new cats within the past month, but here's
the thrilling news.  The new kitten has been especially curious of the
ferrets, wanting to play, but not quite sure.  Today when I let P-Bear
out, he and the new kitten ended up playing for over a solid hour!!
Chasing each other, playing under the sheets, and a very interesting game
of fetch!!!!  They were closely supervised the entire time, but P-Bear was
looking pretty worn out & I put him back in his cage.  (I gave him a good
looking over, for fear that I missed something, but he looked fine - I
just don't think he's played that hard in a long time!)  Once he was caged,
the new kitten just sat outside of his cage forever, still wanting to play
I guess.  P-Bear is dead to the world!  One of those times when I can do
anything to him and he won't move!  He's deaf, and one of those ferrets
that takes you 10 minutes to figure out if he's just sleeping, or dead.
But I'm so thrilled that he has a playmate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holly