From:
Laurie Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 08:05:48 -0500
Hi! I'm new to the wonderful world of fuzzies, having just brought home my
first adorable male sable last weekend ( his name is "Tinker").

I've been reading the FML for about 1-2 weeks and I think it is a wonderful
source of info, advice and friendship.  I've also went online for any info I
could get my hands on to try to be as educated as possible for my furry
little friends health and happiness.

However, I'm somewhat confused about which vet to take him to ( is one that
generally takes care of all animals, but just some ferrets, or can I find a
vet that specializes in ferrets?), also, what distemper shot is
recommended?, the vet closet to me uses Galaxy-D, which if I remember
correctly in my readings, it is a replacement to Fromm-D, but hasn't been
tested for ferrets.  What is the best/safest manufactured distemper shot?

My precious "Tinker" is only about 8 weeks old ( the pet shop said between
7-9 weeks, but he is small compared to others I have seen at the same age),
so I have a couple of weeks to find the "perfect vet".  (According to the
vet who said I should bring him in between 9-12 weeks for his first
distemper shot, and then possibly one mor shot and a rabies shot at that
same time, possibly 12 weeks, or so).

Is this all correct, or should I be looking for another vet? I just want the
best for my fuzzy.

Also, is he old enough for raisin treats I would appreciate any advice you
could give me.  Also, I live in the Western New York area if anyone knows a
reputable vet to refer me to.

Thanks!
Laurie and her little stinker, Tinker!