From:
Celeste Jacob <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 1999 17:22:12 -0300
Hi Diane and All,               (Please Post)

Surely, you're not serious about giving up your babies over this . . . !
There has GOT to be some solution, this doesn't seem like it will be that
difficult of a problem to overcome.  What about confining them (at least
when you are not home) to a smaller room in the house and getting a window
air conditioner - USED, even, if $$ is a problem) for just that room?!  It
may cost a little bit more each month to keep them cool, but it seems to me
that its worth it, and is a far less severe alternative than giving up your
babies who you love!  (I love their little names, btw- SO adorable!!!)

Also, what I do is take a plastic or metal >(better) container and fill it
with ice, and put it next to where they sleep/spend most of their time.
If they're in a cage that's big enough, put it inside with a lid (like
Tupperware).  If not, put about 3 or 4 containers around it.  It should
help cool down the immediate area at least some; it does with mine.  Also,
whenever its THAT hot, I give them a very quick rinse in cool/tepid water.
They love it.  They spring back to life and start dancing around. :o)

Good luck, and for heaven's sake, DON'T give them up over this.  Don't
worry, the folks on this list are quite helpful and very crafty; we will
all help you come up with something!  :)

Celeste, Dusty & Ferris