From:
Ann DiPasquale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jul 1999 12:27:09 EDT
Hi,
I have a 14 month old male ferret (Simon).  I just adopted a 9 month old
female ferret (Daisy) from our local animal shelter 5 days ago.  My problem
is that even though we have been taking it slow, Simon, who has been an
only ferret for about a year, is biting Daisy in the neck whenever we try
to let them interact at all.  He is not biting hard enough to draw blood
or even make her cry but he is biting her non the less and obviously she
doesn't like it.  For the time being we are keeping them in separate
cages, but right next to each other.  I have also been interchanging their
blankets to hopefully get Simon used to her smell.  I was just wondering
from others if this is the normal process of him accepting her or if I am
going to have trouble getting them eventually in the same cage and
interacting nicely.

Thanks Ann