From:
Dee Vecchione <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 18:34:50 -0500
Hi all,

My hubbie and I are moving to Ohio in three weeks.  It's a seven hour
ride from South Jersey.  We'll have my sole surviving 7-year-old ferret,
Fozzie, in tow, along with our two cats.  Someone suggested Rescue Remedy
to ease their stress and transition to the new house.

Fozzie has cardiomyopathy and is on Enalapril and Lasix, and CoQ10.  He
also has IBD and I add Slippery Elm to his soup for that.

Are their any contraindications to giving him the Rescue Remedy?  Should
I just leave him alone, and make him as comfy as possible in his carrier
and new room?

I feel so bad for my little guy.  He just lost his last sister in
January.  He's all alone in the ferret room now (but he gets lots of
special privileges outside of it).  Now, I'm going to uproot him and take
him away from his familiar room with the familiar scents of him and his
ferret family that have gone ahead to the Bridge.  :o(

I know he would love a couple of buddies...Kim Fox told me so....but my
husband and I have agreed that we just don't want any more at this time.
In fact, if it were up to him, I'd be done with ferrets forever.  He
likes them, but he doesn't love them the way that I do.  You know...the
expense, the health problems, the destruction, the poop...

Maybe some day....but not right now.  Fozzie will just have to get by
with lots of one on one time with his Mom.  He's got my undivided
attention now.

If anyone (Mary, the herbalist! or Sukie, the ferret expert!) has any
info regarding the Rescue Remedy, I'd appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks everybody!

Dodie in NJ (for the time being)