Date:
Fri, 3 Dec 1999 15:17:10 -0700
Hi fellow ferret lovers!

My name is Mary Jo Dullum, I live in Willcox, Arizona (about 80 miles east
of Tucson).  I found out about the FML through newsgroups and FAMIL about a
year and a half ago, and it's been very educational.

I share the house with one husband :-) two dogs, and nine of the cutest
most adorable fuzzies in the world.  I've been a slave of ferrets for six
years this coming January and until that time had only seen them on
"Beastmaster".

Then my youngest son bought two ferrets from someone and would bring them
home to visit their "grandparents" every weekend.  It finally got to the
point he decided to buy me my own ferret because he was afraid I was going
to kidnap his babies.  That was the beginning of being owned by ferrets.

Ferret math struck and with my son's two, we had a total of 6 ferrets.
However two years ago we lost four of them (Nipper, Lightning, EZ, and
Cleo) to various illnesses and one accident.  Since that time we have taken
in seven more (these last seven were ferrets who needed homes because their
owners were either moving, or just didn't have time for them any more).  So
now we are slaves of:

 Phantom (5 1/2 year old male, black sable with insulinoma for two years)
 Lady Star (4 year old female DEW who is deaf and has had adrenal surgery),
- Topanga (4 year old female albino, also had adrenal surgery),
- Ragine (4 year old cinnamon female, probably facing adrenal surgery
          next year),
- Bilbo (4 year old male dark sable),
- Frodo (4 year old male dark sable),
- Frito aka Frea (3 1/2 year old male, standard sable)
- Pepper aka Pepe (4 year old male sable)
- Caesar (5 years? female DEW, insulinomic and very adrenal, had surgery)

It's been great seeing all the places you come from.  I wish there were
more ferret owners/slaves in my small community.  But thanks to this list
I can at least get support for many problems that develop.  I can get my
"ferret news fix" this way.

All of you have a great holiday season and give all your fuzzies a big
fuzzy hug from me and "the zoo".

mjo and the zoo (Phantom, Lady Star, Topanga, Ragine, Bilbo, Frodo,
Frito, Pepper, & Caesar and dogs Garth and Darwin ...R.I.P. Nipper,
Lighting, EZ, Cleo and Duke)