From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Nov 1994 17:22:44 -0800
Hi, this is Gramma Abby checking in about my grandferret.  Problems, yes we
have problems.  Grandpa George spent a fortune buiding Vida, 10 weeks
old, a 8 foot corral made out of plexiglass for Vida to play in.  It
is 24 inches high.  Vida LOVES his new play area - for awhile.  Vida
gets bored.  Vida walkes casually over to the side and proceeds to jump.
Jump and jump and jump and jump till.  He honestly looks like he is on a
motorized pogo stick jumping over and over.  Why? Ya you guesses it.   Out
he wants out all the time which is not possible in this house. He gets
plenty of outof cage and corral play time though and time on the leash.
But my problem is that Vida, the jumping maniac can now jump right over
the side.  Smart Fast Vida.  Now we have to come up with some sort of
top for the corral. Another problem.  We live in a no-no area where
I am unable to get any good tips.  Vida does not like any of the
dried cat foods, Science, Iams, Max.  Only eats very little.  I
have to mix it with canned Iams.  He is not thrilled with that either.
He does like real meat like turkey, but sometimes this is not available.
He was in his glory today,  Thanksgiving!    Can I give him Soy milk or
formula in addition to his food just as a supplement.  i would have to
get the baby stuff as Real ferret stuff is no availble in my area.
Is there any other food stuffs I can try? I have tried Gerber chicken
meat and he was not impressed.    Any suggestions.  I would appreciate
it.    And by the way,  just how high CAN they JUMP!