From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Mar 1998 22:55:50 EST
Hello friends.
I Have a problem with my 4 yr old, Krinkus.  He is a wonderful friend, who
I am afraid is somewhat sickly.  I just moved to Calif. from Chicago and
left behind the best vet in the world at the Midwest Bird and Exotic Animal
Hospital in Westchester.  I have a new one now, who I am not sure about.
It is so hard in Calif. to find any vet much less a good one.  (I've been
to SO many BAD ones, who cost us so much money and so much pain)  She found
a lump in Krinkus that she suspects is an adrenal tumor.  Far be it from me
to take any chances with my freind's life, but he has had blood tests
before that came up clean.  (6 months or so ago) He has no hair loss and
seems ok.  But he does have a strange rash on his shoulders that he has
been scratching apparently, as I haven't seen him do it.  They both (The
other is BrBr) seem sensitive around the shoulder area...normal or no?  Im
sure you all understand the expenses (monetary and otherwise) involved in a
ferrets well being, so you know sometimes it pays to be cautious,
especially when you don't know your vet that well.  The question is, ever
heard of this borderline type case?  Is the ever expensive ultrasound the
right next step?  (vet's advice) Any other suggestions?  How in the world
can you be sure about your vet?  Ive gotten so much bad advice in the past.
Help!  Im so worried for him.

Thanks so much, Krinkus  BrBr and Leslie