From:
susan king <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Sep 1998 23:39:33 -0500
we had had ferrets for over six years when the newest little one (boy,
not quite one year) got really sick.  We of course were not prepaired
financially for thousands of dollars, but of course spent it.  The one
thing that makes it possible is that it does seem to get spaced, emergency
vet=176.00, my vet=226.00, specialty vet, exotics(I can't say enough good
things about DR. Miller, Austin, TX) cost even more, but it was spread
over 3 mo. and while not easy, we did it and everyone was willing to work
with us.  If someone had asked me a year ago if I could or would spend that
kind of money I would have had to think long and hard about the answer.
After having it happen, of course I would, and it wasn't as bad as it
sounds, I have a healthy happy little boy now, it took him three months to
eat solid kibble, and now you'd never know he'd been sick.  Really, it
averaged out to 300.00 a year :) worth every penny.

susan
Bartelby-my miracle ferret, Sabina-spoiled rotten first ferret,
Nina-raisin demanding rescue ferret