From:
Barbara Clay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Aug 2010 18:24:44 -0700
Dear All,

The FML readership is vast, it's as much comprehensive as what's
written here daily, as is context and substance much is ignored.
I'm as guilty as the next, with that.

I ought to re-subject this post; "Who is Sukie". We all know, she's not
a vet. Eh, you don't know that? Guess you haven't read her. Should
have.

Work with me here; go to yesterday's FML post by Sukie, " Hilbert: just
letting you know"

I rarely ignore Sukie's posts, but admittedly will power read through
the re-calls and food debates. Yesterday's post, by her, just grabbed
my heart and soul.

Sukie is a dear friend, to me, and so many of you. I, we all, owe her
so much.

I can imagine, can, that there are alot of members here with young
healthy ferrets, and so when the health issues are posted by Sukie, you
might just breeze past her posts. Us oldtimers will tell you, your
ferret will grow old, or in it's youth, get sick, or it may get hurt.
When you reach out for help, there is one clear resounding voice,....
a polite, kind, compassionate, knowledgeable voice of one woman..
24/7/365...Sukie.

Her post yesterday just absolutely brought me to my knees with tears
and sorrow. Sukie and Steve's beloved Hilbert is dying, and being the
analytical freak that she is, she gave us the bio breakdown of his
life..and then with days, or hopefully months, remaining...but clearly,
he is dying.

Sukie is a real human being. She owns ferrets. She bleeds just like us.

To you Sukie; For so many years dear friend, you've quickly responded
to all of our needs, and to me personally, of any issue of ferret
health. I've got 24 hrs in my day, but it's apparent your day has more
hours than mine. Never having left any of us with a ferret in peril,
without your advice and support, either in private discussions or on
board. You are a remarkable woman, a gift to us all.

Hilbert is a little miracle. Hilbert is the wonderful ferret. He's your
little companion that means so much to you both.

You are such a black and white person when dealing with facts and lab
results, but yet give the world the most undisputable biggest part of
anyone I know, yourself. You're not black and white, you're all colors
of the rainbow.

Today, Dear Lord, let Sukie and Steve's home be embraced with all the
comforting colors of the rainbow and the sun, as they prepare to say
their farewell to Hilbert. Let them find peace and comfort in your
lights' embrace.

Let these be the best days ever.

Amen.

Your time is now. Take it. please. We all want you to.

All my love and respect,

Barb Clay
Dir of Shelter Affair for Rocky's
Parkton, MD 21120