From:
Paige Marie Baldassaro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Aug 1999 11:08:24 -0400
I went to the auction on ebay that Georgia referred to (Item #141118200)
and saw the pictures.  Yes, they had snow on their fur.  My kid gets it
on his fur as well when he goes to play in the snow.  They look to me as
if they were placed there for a picture.  It doesn't look as if they are
candid shots.  Unless the pictures have been altered for picture quality,
I see no foot steps to indicate that they were playing or running around
and then stopped for a rest when the picture was snapped.

So, it is possible that they took the ferrets out, placed them in the snow,
and then before they got their bearings and realized where they were, the
picture was snapped.  They may not like the snow (my Hersh isn't totally
fond of it), but they handle cold much better than heat (don't forget their
fur coats).  In that case, it wouldn't be very nice to put them there, but
I do not see any reason to think that they were there for more than a few
minutes.

So, in summary, I would have to disagree with Georgia and say that I saw
nothing wrong with the ad.  However, thank you for bringing it to my
attention, because I would have sent in a letter of complaint like you if
I did.  Also, don't worry Georgia, I still didn't bid on the food...:)

Paige
***********
If the doors to perception were cleansed every thing
    would appear to man as it is, infinite.
                        --William Blake
Graduate Student
Virginia Tech

Department of Geological Sciences
Derring Hall, 4044
Blacksburg, Virginia 24061-0420
email: [log in to unmask]
Tel: 540-231-6030
Fax: 540-231-3386

http://www.geol.vt.edu/gradstu/pmbalda/pmbalda.html
I am a indigestible, vitamin-fortified avenger of the food chain!