From:
"Stout, Wayne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 10:43:00 -0600

Greetings all,

I just wanted to take a little time and bandwidth to introduce the newest
member of my family.  Last night, little Sadie came to us from one of my
wife's co-workers.  She is about to move, and was worried about the
prospects of finding a ferret-friendly landlord.  Also, Sadie had been kept
in an outside cage on all but the coldest nights in the wintertime.  The
girl seemed really upset about leaving her behind, and called a couple
hoours later to make sure she was ok.  It's good to see that she really
cared.

Introductions were excellent.  Meeko was out when they arrived, and even on
his best behavior.  They put Sadie on the floor, and Meeko was right there
at her side following her everywhere she went.  After a little bit, he left
her alone to go root through the box of her stuff that they brought.  They
played and dooked for a good long time, she was even playing lionmouth from
under a shelf we have in the living room.  It is so good to see Meeko happy
again.  After Fester died, he was really weirded out, and as you may
remember was taking it out on everyone.  (I still got marks to prove it!)
But now, he's got a playmate again, and seems really happy.  They were
sleeping together last night on her sheepskin bag.

Sadie is a very tiny sable, a little over a year old.  She's about the same
age as Meeko, but he's almost twice her size.  Now, all we have to do is get
her onto some good food.  She's been fed whatever the cast ate, usually
Friskies.  I was feeding Meeko the Purina One Lamb and rice formula, it was
the best the store had.  Recently they stopped carrying that and went to
Chicken and rice, but the formulation isn't right.  I tried to switch him to
Eukanuba, but he wouldn't touch that.  He never liked Marshall's or Kay-tee.
I can't find TF anywhere around here.  Any good suggestions on a reasonably
priced food?

BTW, I wanted to thank everyone that responded to my post about Meeko
earlier.  Your offers were appreciated, but fortunately, not required
anymore.

Wayne and Rel (back up to quota on the furry children)
Charro, Sasha, Keeba and Max (What, another one! Everyone watch your
toes!)
Meeko (Finally, someone that will fight back!) and Sadie (I may be small,
but I can kick your butt!)
with Fester waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.