From:
Vesna Kovach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 15:01:21 +0000
We have been using compressed oat hull pellets for litter for about six
months.  Has anyone else tried it?

Before that, we were using alfalfa pellets.  Both have the advantage of
being flushable.  But the oat hulls are more absorbent, and a *lot* cheaper.
It costs ten bucks for a fifty-pound bag.

The pellets are intended to be sold as fireplace fuel or small animal
bedding.  We get them at a local pet shop where one of the employees
suggested it for ferret litter.

Vesna Kovach
Editor, Madison Pet Gazette
(608) 249-8707