From:
Ronnie DiComo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:21:25 EST
>My ferrets seem to have some functions that work automatically, without
>any conscious thought.  One of the most interesting, is their tongues!

I put laxatone (or something similar) on fuzzy tummies when clipping nails,
and it's always a party with everyone licking the stuff off whoever's nails
are being clipped.  One time I flipped Harry on his back to cut his nails
and he started licking his stomach even before I put the stuff on, too
funny!

>Greta whines in her sleep- alot!

The other day I saw Roxanne laying on a towel asleep.  When I went to pick
her up she starting making strange whimpering noises, then let out a very
loooooong sigh as if all the air went out of her.  For a minute I thought
she had taken her last breath.  Weird; anyone ever see anything like this?

>colloidal silver
I don't have much direct experience with colloidal silver but I have been
using 'holistic' remedies for a long time.  I also use some of the more
'accepted' medicine; I like using both.  I can remember when the medical
profession laughed at vitamin C; now everyone is tripping over themselves
to add it to everything.  I personally don't wait for the 'medical
establishment' to tell me if something is ok.  I'm not saying one should
try everything out there, but use common sense and find out about remedies
and whether they sound right for you.  I also listen to other people's
experiences.  Many of the 'holistic' or 'alternative' remedies have been
around a lot longer than the more readily accepted treatments.

I honestly don't care if someone else doesn't approve of acupuncture, or
vitamins, or herbal remedies, etc.  etc.  etc.  If they work, I'm sure
going to use them on me and my animals too.  And when things do work, I
find that people are often very interested in hearing about your
experiences.

On digging in plants: don't forget that you can put rocks on top of the
dirt to keep fuzzies out of the plants (or so I hear; I keep my few
surviving plants on a table and Merlin is constantly trying to figure out
ways to get to them).

--Ronnie DiComo
Ralphie, Harry, Prince Charming, Merlin, Roxanne, Petunia, Epcot and
Clover's mom in Mass.
please note address: [log in to unmask] (mail to edc.org will not reach me)