From:
"H. R. Buckley" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 1995 19:43:54 -0500
To Scott Swain
        My heart aches for you in the loss of your little girl Toons.
I have lost three ferrets in the past five years for various medical
reasons. As Richard and I always say: it doesn't get any easier. I
still have four beautiful Rig Brats who I hug, cuddle, kiss and spoil
whenever I get the chance. I put each one to bed and tell them how much
I love them and that I know of at least nine hundred people who love them
too.

To Kari in Mass
        Good luck in your future endevours, and Hey! You already got one
up on the rest of the future Vets. You understand and love ferrets

Re: Serious (please stop...)
        We are not only serious about the little rug brats, we're
passionate about them.

Gaining Affection
        My fourth ferret, Ping, is a very nervous and shy little girl.
I know for a fact that she was never mistreated. Her previous owner for
two years, a hard working individual who has many other pets, could not
give her a lot of time. So now Ping has so much love, attention and space,
that she is just shy. She is quiet and holds on to you when picked up, but
will shy away when down. However she comes into the room whenever I'm sewing
and plays around my feet. She also flips around on the floor to get my
attention for a game of ball on the rope, which we play for quite a while
till she decides to snoop some more. I get my hugging time when I put her to
bed. I just hold and cuddle and whisper to her till I put her into bed.
Sometimes i takes me ten minutes to get her there. My house isn't that big,
but I make it last.

Margaret, Richard,
Smokey (excuse me, the garage door is closed!),
Boots (excuse me, the fridge door is closed!),
Pixie (excuse me, Ping's door is closed),
and Ping (that's to keep you OUT Pixie!).