From:
Tuck Kemper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 May 2005 17:56:14 -0500
Sweet Mr.Widget went to the bridge last Friday.  I'm just now able to let
you know.  I still walk upstairs and expect him to meet me at the door.
The condo stands empty; his food bowl untouched.  My last sweet boy had
suffered the indignity of complications from his adrenalectomy last
September, his insulinoma, and we just recently discovered that the lumps
under his arms weren't Pred related, but lymphoma.  I am thankful he
didn't seem uncomfortable or in any pain.  He progressively lost control
of his bladder and bowels, and while animals probably don't feel
embarassed to get body waste and fluids all over themselves, we THINK
they do, so I believe he knew his little body was giving out.  He crossed
over gently, in my arms; my tears wetting his little coat.  I am grateful
for the recent discussion about euthanasia techniques.  I visited with my
vet, and he agreed to use mild anesthesia to knock him down a little, so
the jugular stick wouldn't be uncomfortable.  Widget just went to sleep,
and today his body rests next to Major Burns, Scooter, Baby Girl, Keisha,
and Kender, but his spirit is rejoicing at being reunited with his kin.
I truly don't believe animals have souls, but I believe in God, the
creator of the universe.  I believe Jesus shed his precious blood for me.
I believe that if God would send His Son for me, and if Scripture says He
knows when a sparrow falls, that He watches over those pets who have
become our family members.  Not preaching, just saying I believe we will
see them again, or at least know that they are cared for and loved, by
the same creator who watches over us.  He gave me such joy from being
owned by these little furry creatures.  How can He not care for them?

Thanks to all of you who have ministered to me over the years as we've
dealt with our fuzzies leaving.  My house and heart are both empty just
now.  I shall take a break from having another one for awhile, but will
continue to monitor my friend's goings on via the FML.  Thank you for
your wisdom, and advice.  Sandee, please make sure Mr. Widget gets to
where Scooter, Major Burns, et.al are waiting for him, to show him the
ropes.

Tuck Kemper

If you can read this...thank a teacher
If you're reading it in English...thank a Soldier