From:
Nell Angelo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:58:24 -0700
Hi there, it's me again, talking about my disrupted business.

Here is a related question for you.  My new ferrets, Jonas and Eric,
have been the most cuddlesome of my ferts even though they are just kits.
But as time has worn on and diffrent members of thir business have turned
on them they are getting less so.

Anyway, I am assuming that the relative loss of cuddly-ness, is because
they have become less relaxed and trusting.

Of course I keep separating out the "wicked" ones, and things seem to be
stable again -- but they seemd stable before, and then another of the old
tribe would beat up the young-uns.  Who knows, perhaps I am just removing
each layer of alpha!

If the new ones didn't show such distress, and if the old ones didn't
latch on and shake so hard, I'd just let them work it out.  Of course, as
I said in an earlier post, the youngsters are much more vocal than the
others.  On the other hand, my vet saw and, I believe, had some concern
over the back-of-neck bites when she examined the newbies and give them
their shots.  I shall call her and check.

Maybe the new ones are so different, breeding-wise, from the old oes
that they are less acceptable to the existing business than when I added
others last year?

What do you think of this situation??