From:
"Susan D." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2000 06:32:00 EST
About 2 months ago I had posted to the FML about my ferret having seizures
and what I could do to help.  Due to the wonderful responses and support,
it was determined surgery was the best option.  Oscar has Insulinoma.  He
had surgery and it was the best thing I could have done for him.  Before
his surgery, all he did was sleep.  He had zero energy.  Now, post-surgery,
he is all over the house!  I am amazed at the difference in him!  He is
up and down the stairs, chases the cats, and plays with one of the other
ferrets.  In fact, we usually block the stairs so he can't get down, but he
is now climbing our barrier.  We finally gave up and just let him have run
of the house when we're there.  The other ferrets are several years younger
and Oscar could never keep up.  We have one he can play with (that won't
body slam him) and he keeps up with Arthur.  In fact, it's funny to watch
because he follows Arthur all over the house, getting into whatever Arthur
gets into.  We watched a 2 1/2 hour movie the other night and Oscar ran
around the whole house, up and down the stairs, the entire time.  I can't
tell you how good it feels to see him running, climbing, and playing!  With
this warm weather, I've been taking him out on his leash and he is all over
the yard, bottle-brush tail and all!

Susan in KY