From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 May 2002 19:25:45 -0400
The liver biopsy is non-specific and may well be due to not eating
properly.  There is no comment in the description that says liver cancer
to me, at this point, however, the blood values are problematic.  The
history of jaundice and the extremely high bilirubin suggests severe
liver dysfunction, more than just poor food intake or digestion can
cause.  The high BUN and creatinine suggest dehydration, and the low
albumin and mildly elevated protein are consistent with chronic
intestinal inflammation.  I can't see any connection with diabetes here,
as the glucose is low.

I'd like to see a second set of bloodwork in about a week.  That bilirubin
is higher than I have ever seen, but I am not sure how much it has been
elevated artificially by dehydration.

With kindest regards,
Bruce Williams, DVM