From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Feb 2012 06:23:09 -0800
I am curious who started this statement "Ferrets are the third most
popular dometic pet," as I know it has been around for years. I would
love to see the numbers. I can tell you, if you look in pet stores,
shelters, ASPCA's, various shows held in the area, that ferrets are no
where near the top. Well, not in New York anyway. Even if you look at
the numbers in comparison that show up for vet care, ferrets are not in
the top three. Rabbits, guinea pigs and smaller rodents are far more
apt to hold that position.

With the number of ferrets in shelters and the general public not
understanding their true needs as pets; I am not so sure this is a
statement we want to be making. Is it a statement that will truly
help our cause in getting ferrets into good homes or will it encourage
folks to want one....for a few months anyway then look for a place to
dump it?

I'd love to see the numbers. Cathy

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3