From:
"Amy C. Dempsey" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 11:16:48 -0800
My ferrets have tubes running all over the room, the walls, over their
kennel, hanging off of the kennels, etc.  I use cable ties (tie-wraps) to
attach them to everything.  I use heavy duty picture hangers on the wall
and hook the cable ties to it.  I make sure it is firmly affixed before I
let them play in them.

Deb and Bobtail Baz

My little Trouble who I lost earlier this year to Adrenal problems also had
to have her tail amputated.  I still feel terrible when I think about it.
I knocked a camera battery off a tall dresser and it landed on her tail and
cut through the bone.  A vet ended up taking it off.  Her tail was very
sensitive for the first 10 days or so.  She would sleep with the stump (1")
sticking straight up in the air.  After about a week she got back to
normal.  But it was very sensitive for the first week or so.  So just keep
a close eye on your baby.

Blind Ferrets

My Cory has been blind since I got her a 8 weeks old.  It has never slowed
her down.  We first realized she was blind when she would chase the balls
all over the tile floor, but the minute it got on the carpet she couldn't
"see" it.  She could follow a ball with a bell in it everywhere.

Amy and her 8 fur snakes.