From:
"AnNa M. aDaM sPeAr" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 23:04:19 -0600
Okay everyone, I've updated the Ferret Name List yet again.  The entries
have slowed down to a relative trickle so you won't be hearing from me TOO
often...  not about THIS anyway.

The current count is, owners-362 and ferrets-1285. You math wizards can see
we've been holding pretty steady at an average of 3.5 ferrets per owner. We
have a near even split of males (634) to females (638). We still have 13
sexless ferrets it seems.

The most number submitted by a single owner is 77 by Pam Grant.

Common ferret name variations are as follows:
Bear-19, Nick (including Nico, Nikki, etc)-17, Bandit-12, Sam-9, Shadow-9,
Will-9, Max-8, Coco-8, Slinky-7, Buster-7, Fred-7, Loki-6, Buddy-6, Hobbs-6,
Maggie-6, Taz-6. We also had five ferrets with the prefix "Miss" and six
ferrets with the prefix "Mr."

Interesting similar name choices by a single owner (IMHO) were the musician
ferrets of Bob Martin (a Poco a Poco, Andante, Allegro, Minuet, Legato...
well, just look 'em all up). Also still interesting is Heather Bilicki, the
HUNGRY ferret owner, who had Kit Kat, Pickle, Twinkie and Pretzel.

Heather's ferrets were by no means the only food ferrets. We also have
Applejuice, Pepper and Salt, Nutmeg, Noodles, Marshmellow, Honey, Coco
Puffs, Pepsi, Cookie, Toffee, Hershey, Blueberry.... and quite a few others.

We have our share of AA ferrets with Brandy, Kahlua, and Teguila... maybe
they should talk to Sobriety!

I could go on and on with the interesting names, and sadly, I'm the only one
who gets to read the interesting stories (well, my husband ges to hear the
really good ones). If there's anything you find interesting on the list,
please send me a note. I'm at [log in to unmask]

Confused? Find out about the ferret name list by pointing your browser to:
http://www.eden.com/~ahn/addferret.html
or emailing me at [log in to unmask]
Mail [log in to unmask] with SEND FERRET NAMES in the body of your
message to receive the latest update.

Gotta catch up on news and the FML since I'm back!!

Happy ferreting,
  ahn and her too large crew