From:
Wendy Clarke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Oct 2011 02:00:16 -0700
Hello,

I am hoping and praying you or someone can help me get this story out
because it's heartbreaking and just ridiculous. We are military and
got orders to Germany 4 years ago, back then Delta allowed my ferret
to be carried on. Now, we are moving back to the US and my ferret is
now 6 years old and we just found out she has a heart condition and a
respiratory infection and is taking several medications a day and needs
water available as needed. Her vet will not allow her to be shipped as
cargo because it would be a huge health risk.

I have called an unbelievable amount of airlines and told them my
situation but no one will help me. I can't even use her as an emotional
service animal (even if I had the proper paperwork) there seems to be
nothing I can do. I would never leave her here no matter what. I can't
believe these airlines would do this to a military family. My ferret is
from the US so she has every right to go back, safely. She is already
6 and now she has a condition that will shorten her already short
life. How can people be this way? She is everything to me and I just
don't know what to do to get help. This can be fixed so easily by the
airlines. I think I have many good reasons to get a waiver just this
once, just to get her back home but I have been told no matter what I
do or say there is no way around this.

Thank you,
Wendy Clarke