From:
Aarrow-Ranch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Jun 2012 08:43:10 -0400
Having ferrets for years one comes to the conclusion you have seen it
all but there is always this surprise and I had one of them today.

During the cool part of the day I let Jeep run around on the back
porch. He loves that and races back and forth for quite a while and
then finds a comfy place to sleep off all that exercise. With the sun
gaining altitude it came time to bring him inside to stay cool. The
porch is where some things are stored and one of them is a large BBQ
grille that I don't use any more. The front is up against a stack of
wood and the back is towards the open area of the closed in room. But
what did I see when I went there to get Jeep????

Dang! There was the back of the grille and from the long vent in the
back came this fuzzy creature. Yup! Jeep was INSIDE the grille! So very
often I have said on the FML that if a ferret wants to get somewhere
for sure it will. And for sure Jeep spotted that vent and found a way
to get to it. Not only did he get to it he went inside it! He must have
been going there for awhile because inside way in the corner was that
stack of tootsie rolls he deposits like Devil's tower. I didn't turn
the grille on to cook that and am glad I didn't turn it on previously
to warm it up because I for sure would have had a fried/singed aminal.

The learning curve for ferret proofing goes on, and on, and on and on.

Gordon and Jeep

Aarrow-Ranch Aviation
J. Gordon Bengtson CEO
CI-ASMEL