From:
Lin Talbot-Koehl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Feb 2006 00:32:44 -0500
>From:    Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
>
>One form is genetic, and another is acquired autoimmune according to
>this veterinary source.  (Though I did find elsewhere that among humans
>some cases of Myasthenia gravis, some cases of MS, and some other things
>now are known to also sometimes trace to certain zoonotic viruses like
>Simian Foamy Virus, so there can be other causes.)

Having had MS for almost 15 yrs, this is new to me.  Can you please post
where you might have read this?

There has been no scientifically proven evidence of MS being traced to
viral origins.  It's a *theory* - & nothing more than that.  They don't
even know if MS is one single disease process, or several different ones,
at this point.  Plus, to make matters even more complicated, there are
quite a few disorders out there that mimic some of the possible signs &
symptoms of MS.

Whoever thinks they can say w/ some authority that diseases such as MS
"are known to also sometimes trace to certain zoonotic viruses", surely
has been overlooked for a Nobel Prize in Medicine.  That, or they're a
quack.

Proof, please.

Lin