From:
"Marlene B., Richmond Ferret Rescue" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jan 2006 04:20:12 -0500
I've just gotta share this.

We always have ferret escapades here at the shelter - but the funniest
(lately) is one of the "free-roams"- her name is Little Ferret, but I've
been calling her "EVIL" for months now.  She's a tiny chocolate sable-
she's been in the shelter for 2 1/2 years.  She's 5+ years old and has
adrenal cancer, but her Lupron injections have been very effective.  Just
last night she dug up all the kitchen window plants (lovely black potting
soil all over EVERYTHING, like the white counter top), ohhh, and she
steals my bags of potato chips.  She doesn't eat them- she just likes the
crinkle noise... or enjoys my irritation at losing my Utz Kettle-Cooked
Russet Chips.  She is constantly knocking over or stealing any item she
can carry from the kitchen counter or the dining room table (yep, she's
discovered several ways to get up there)- she also holds the title for
"Knocking-Over-Cups-of-Milk-Into-My-Heat-Vent-Next-to-My Bed" (you can
only imagine how smelly this is).

Tonight, I kept hearing a rustle noise- I went to look, and all I could
see was a squirrely chocolate sable butt and tail sticking up out of my
purse.  She was head, shoulders, full body inside my pocketbook.  I kept
hearing a funny rustle, crackle noise- and I grabbed her butt, pulled her
out, and what was firmly locked in her mouth?  A tin-foil blister package
of...ummmm...Gas-X pills.  The green ones.  The green coating is sweet
and candy-like.  She was chewing through the blister packs to lick the
pills.  I had to laugh.  A ferret that likes fart pills.  Still.  What a
sneak.  Bad Ferret.  Bad, Bad Ferret.  Although I guess it's better than
when one of the ferrets took off down the hall with a Maxi-pad with wings
in his mouth.  He had it like a dog bone, with those "wings" flapping
like crazy as he bolted for his "stash".  Had to hide the box from him.
Makes you wonder what plans he had for this little girly product.

Dooks,
Marlene B.
Richmond Ferret Rescue League
www.geocities.com/richmondferretrescueleague