From:
Judith White <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 02:47:19 -0400
It's a laugh, alright.  And in Jake's case, it's an invitation to play or
an announcement that he has done something fun that he knows he shouldn't.
Jake is a wild man.  The funniest dancer I've ever seen.  He gets so
excited he ties himself in knots, rolling over and twisting around instead
of dancing.  When he wants to play, he runs at me and then runs backwards
going "heh-heh-heh." I say it, too, now, when I want to invite him to play.
He definitely understands what I'm trying to say, even if my accent is a
bit too human.  When I walk into my bedroom, if Jake sees me coming and
starts to twist himself around and go "heh-heh-heh" I know that he has
either dragged the toilet plunger under the bed or pulled the phone off
the hook to make it beep in terror at his fierceness.  He's so proud of
himself he has to laugh.