From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 18:12:48 -0700
I went and read the stuff Sukie had a link to on the Titusville rescue.
I was shocked and angry at what was said at the bottom of the article
"While there has been no documentation presented, it is a well known fact
that Ferrets are a carnivorous species and can attack and kill an animal
such as a rabbit that is twice it's size in weight.  Considering that
among other Animals, Ferret Hoarding is also an occurrence throughout
the United States and the numbers could be staggering.

This may introduce the possibility that there can be an epidemic of
homeless or abandoned Ferrets surviving in the wild and could perhaps be
a major contribution to the decimation of protected wild life species."

HELLO, this is just the kind of crap that helps keep us in California
hostage.  Some supposedly well known group making such STUPID statements!
Please if anybody knows them could you ask them to remove such nonsense.
I realize they did say it was "undocumented" so for me it was unnecessary
to give Fish & Game more ammunition to target our little fuzzbutts.  What
Are They THINKING?

Sorry for the rant,
PO'ed in CA