Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 10:01:58 EST
This is in response to the anonymous post regarding chicken "nicks", and
what to do about your ferrets getting them stuck in their mouth.  First,
I assume you mean chicken "necks".  Secondly, my vet once told me, a long
time ago, NEVER NEVER NEVER give your dog bones.  Why?  Because they can
sliver and possibly puncture the dogs intestines.  Learning this made me
decide to NEVER give bones, of any kind, to any of my animals.

Anonymous, this is just my opinion, but if you are having problems with
bones getting stuck in their mouths, I think that it might be safe to
assume that it might just be a matter of time before it gets stuck in the
throat, or possibly the intestines.  Again, my opinion, but I would say
NO more bones.