From:
Laurie Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Feb 2000 20:47:09 -0000
Hi all,
I didn't see the Martha Stewart segment on ferrets, but I did go to the
site and I agree with Mike who posted yesterday regarding having a few
problems with what they said.(baths and aspen bedding or shredded
newspaper).  I emailed them asking them to do more research and changing
what they wrote about the bedding.  Maybe if a few of us email them it
would help.  here is the segment:
http://www.marthastewart.com/television/program_guide/Segments/
TVS4067.asp?intView=1&idContentType=9&dtDateSelected=2%2F18%2F00
&idContentType_Menu=0&idScheduleType=1

To Sprinkles owner: Thanks for letting us know that Sprinkles was on the
road to recovery.  I have really worried about him and have said a daily
prayer for him.  I worry every time I take my furkids in for shots, even if
my vet and vet techs are ferret knowledgeable.  Is it not good for ferrets
to get a benedryl shot before each vaccine?  (should they all get one just
in case?) My guys are realy heathly, and I really wouldn't want them to go
through what Sprinkles did.

Also, I use brushes found in the aquarium department that usually come in a
multipack.  the brushes usually end up falling out, but they are cheap to
replace.

Thanks to the person (sorry, forgot your name) who made a site for changing
the Midwest Cages for multifloors.  Many ferret owners will eventually need
to do some changing around with those cages when their ferrets get a bit
older and can't climb those steep stairs.

Best Wishes,
Laurie Kramer

http://www.iinc.com/~reefs