From:
Kelley Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Oct 2004 13:03:22 -0400
Dear Sandee,
Please watch for Hershey coming across the Bridge today.  She lost her
battle with Lymphoma this morning.  She will be the beautiful sable with
some gray starting - she was just over five years old.  She'll probably
be carrying as many tennis balls as she can manage.  She loved to fetch
the tennis balls and then stash them in one of her hiding places.  Then
she would wait for me to go get them and throw them across the room
again.  (So, which one of us was really trained to fetch?)

Her cagemate (and the only other ferret she has ever tolerated), Casper,
crossed the Bridge in July 2003 and we have both missed him terribly.
I'm sure he'll be waiting for Hershey and they'll have a wonderful, happy
reunion.  Casper most likely has a wicker cat bed filled with fleece
waiting for her.

Please make sure she finds the tennis balls (she wears them out pretty
quickly), the raisins and the bananas.

Hershey was the first to join our business as a kit and will take a piece
of my heart with her.  Goodbye crazy girl.

Kelley and Jeff
Loving Bailey, Shadow, Sammy and Bear
Missing Ben, Jerry, Casper, Felix, Oscar
and now Hershey (Sept 1999 - Oct 19, 2004)