From:
Rene Chartier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jul 1999 18:57:53 EDT
I don't come off like "AL SHARPTON" but every time he holds any kind of
march or demonstration, he gets a lot of media coverage.  Why don't we
exert our first amendment (THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE PEACABLY TO ASSEMBLE AND
TO PETITION THE GOVERNMENT FOR A REDRESS OF GEIEVANCES) and hold a march,
demonstration, gathering or whatever you want to call it.  Unfortunately in
New York you must get a permit to do so and that costs money.  I think if
we are tactful in the way we demonstrate and behave like mature adults, we
may very well get something accomplished.  I realize that ferrets have been
illegal for quite some time now in Manhattan, but if we put our heads
together, maybe we could all help!!!!  It might not be wise to have our
ferrets attend...you never know who might be made an example of!  Gimme
some feedback... Maybe we could all chip in some way or another to for the
permit, make signs, refreshments and who knows maybe vendors with ferret
merchandise will join in too.  REMEMBER, THIS IS ONLY AN IDEA AT THIS
POINT!!!!  (Remember there is strength in numbers!)