From:
"Linda E. Langve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 23:47:13 EDT
Dear FML friends,
I have a sad announcement that Snickers, my sweet 3 yr old MF ferret lost
his battle with hepatocellular carcinoma on July 2.  He is resting in the
family garden where all my other special pets (cats, birds and turtles)
from many years back are buried.  Sigh.  I miss him because he was so
special:( The good news is that thanks to Kathy Fritz at the Ferret Nook
shelter in Cambridge WI, a little sweet sprite by the name of Sugar has
come to live with Cuddles, my other sprite (who was only lonely for a
short while).  With only the occasional tiff, these little ladies seem to
be getting along well.  These girls can get into more trouble than you can
imagine, but it is so fun to see Cuddles be able to play with a healthy
ferret again.  I think Snickers, who earned his little angel wings is
looking down on us from the rainbow bridge with approval in his shiney
eyes.  My vet said that Snickers was lucky to have an owner like me because
she sees so many people that abandon their pets at the first sign of
illness instead of trying to help them.  Snickers sailed through his
adrenal surgery last summer and was feeling good until this blasted
carcinoma got him.  You can only do your best when it comes to these ferts,
and I know that the nine hundred dollars I spent on this little guy was not
wasted.  (I still say "ouch" alot when that figure is mentioned, but I'd do
it all again if I had the chance.) Oh well, I hope this finds everyone
else's fur kids in good health.  For those of you who lost their baby, I
grieve with you.

Linda Langve
May all your litterboxes get 100% hits.