From:
Juliana Paulauskas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 19:47:19 -0500
First, I want to send a big THANK YOU to everyone who responded to my post
about Charity.  I received a lot of letters from many caring people.  I wish
I could thank each and every one of you individually but the semester is
getting closer to an end an all my papers are due.  :(  I sure am glad to
have so many ferret friends!  :)

Charity seems to be responding well to the medication.  (Sobriety also
responded well at first also).  We are down to 1/4 tab of Pred. per day n ow
instead of two so let's see how that goes.  We are still doing the Amoxi
Drops.  I also have been giving her some generic Ensure to supplement her
diet since she was not eating well.  She does have diarrhea and I'm guessing
it's from the liquid diet.

She does come out to greet me now when I come into the room instead of
staying in her sleeping bag.  She will also play for short periods of time
(she bit Misty on the nose today!).  This is good news but I still can't
help wonder how long it will last.

I am going to try and get her to the vet this weekend again (in between
writing papers) so that we can get some more fluids and B-vitamins in her.
Her nose did turn one shade brighter pink so lets hope the anemia is getting
better.

Thanks again to everyone who has expressed their caring and concern for
Charity.  She sends you all a big "DOOK!!"

Your Ferret Friends,
Julie and The Fuzz Factory --Misty and Charity
In Loving Memory of Sobriety.