Date:
Wed, 22 May 1996 16:52:20 -0700
My old employer used to encourage me to bring Pixel to work on the days
before holiday weekends, when business was slow (Bring Your Ferret to Work
Day...) One lady there was from South Africa and said that similar animals
are sometimes kept as pets there.  The SA version of the ferret is the
Meercat (aka Timon from the Lion King) which does seem to have some ferret
like qualities.

At work when we had the office Xmas party, I didn't get any presents.  Pixel
on the other had got ferret treats (that she will not eat), ferret vitamins
(that she doesn't like), and a ferret toy (that she will not play with).