From:
Linda Pendleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 1999 00:25:47 EST
Well Buster saw the Vet again on Thursday for his chronic cough that he's
had for over a month now, a month of antibiotic therapy did'nt do any good
so the Vet wanted to draw blood to make sure nothing bad was going on.  I
assisted as we sent Buster off to Ferret Dreamland so my face was the last
thing he saw as he fell into a deep snooze.  The Vet then shaved a section
on his chubby little neck and drew some blood from his jugular vein, then
we pumped pure oxygen into him for about 10 minutes, my smiling face was
the first thing he saw as I cuddled him in my arms.  We stayed around
awhile to make sure he was O.K. and then we headed for home where he showed
off his shaved spot to his 5 brothers and 1 sister.

Ever since Thursday he has'nt had a coughing fit and today the Vet called
with Buster's test results and told me they did'nt find a thing wrong, that
everything looked good.  I let him know that Buster had'nt been coughing at
all and he seems to think that when we pumped pure, clean oxygen into him
that quite possibly that just kinda cleaned things out.  I had this happen
with my Sable boy Bandit last year when the Vet did exploritory surgery.
He was doing poorly, not eating, losing weight and nothing was found to be
wrong but after the surgery he really thrived, again after about 20 minutes
of oxygen therapy.  The Vet really thinks there is something to giving good
clean oxygen that seems to really help kinda get things back in order
again.  Has anybody else had this expierence with their fuzzies??  I would
be interested to know.  Well it's late and I need to transfer sleeping
fuzzies from under the nightstand to their cozy hammocks.  Hope everybody
and their FurKids are doing well.  Dooks!!!!

Linda and the 7 FurBrats, Sneaks, Bandit, Diggy, Patch, Scooter, Misty,
Buster and Merlin (the Great Dane that thinks he's a giant Fawn Ferret)