From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 May 1996 09:12:08 -0800

Hi everyone,

I have had my first new baby, Jasmine, or "Jaz" for short, for 2 weeks (she
is a female sable kit, now 8 wks old).  I'm so excited to have her, she is a
barrel of fun to watch and play with.

My first question: Jaz has a Smart Pet 2 1/2 story ferret "condo" that she
seems to love (I have to keep her in it while I'm gone at work).  I've
equipped it with carpet-covered ramps, a hammock, tubes, towels, etc.  I
also have a high-backed corner litter pan located on the opposite corner of
the ramp leading down to the first floor, where her food/water/litter is
located.  Surprisingly enough, I got her to use this pan very consistently
the first week or so of owning her.

The problem... all of a sudden (in the last several days) she has decided
it's easier to relieve herself right at the bottom of the ramp, a 2" space
where NO litter box that I know of will fit.  Unfortunately, moving the ramp
is not an option, and I've tried spraying bad smelling cleaner, placing
towels and toys at the bottom of the ramp, etc.  but nothing is working.
She just goes on TOP of the towels/toys now and seems to ignore the litter
box for the most part, unless I place her in it!  I've also watched to see
if keeping the box slightly dirty/very dirty/clean makes any difference, but
so far it hasn't.  Treats aren't working right now either.  Do you think
this is a phase, is she rebelling against something or should I give up and
try to find a 2" container to act as a litter pan?!

My second question- a lot of people having been referring to Totally Ferret
as being their fuzzy's favorite food of choice, but it seems to have limited
availability.  I live in California and would appreciate if someone can post
the 800# for ordering the food (if they do mail order, that is.)

Thanks everyone!  Reading the FML brightens my every morning and makes me
anxious to get home after 5pm to see my baby!!   Dooks to all... :)

Jennifer and Jasmine (hey Mom, I LIKE this corner better!)