Date:
Tue, 7 Sep 1999 00:29:19 -0700
Hello folks.  Just wanted to share a story.  Last week I came home and let
all 5 fuzzies out to play for the evening.  I did not hear much out of them
so I went to see what was going on and all 5 where laying near or on my 9
yr old Siamese cat, Leo.  He had been acting funny for a couple of days but
that night, he was just laying there.  Not doing a thing.  He let the
ferrets lay on him.

I called the vet, he said to come over now, it was about 9 p.m.  I was
there at the vets until 1 a.m running blood tests.  Turned out Leo was very
sick.  His kidneys had completely shut down.  The vet said I would be doing
him a favor by putting him to sleep, there is no treatment for this.  I
held Leo as the vet gave him the shot and he went peacefully to sleep.  I
had a hard time doing this but I owed it to my friend.

I just thought it was interesting the way I found the ferrets laying with
him so quietly and still.  Leo was one of my cats that liked to play with
them.  Guess they knew he was so sick.

I do have another story.  We all went to the park one night last week.  And
they all had a ball digging in the sand, swimming in the grass, it was
great.  Then I heard a noise and saw a bird flying above us.  Then it
swooped down and landed on a fence.  It was an owl.  Then another one
joined the first.  They had their large eyes on those ferrets.  Neither one
was large enough to carry a fert off.  My first thought.  Never seen owls
at the park.  Must of been their territory.  They were really interested in
my ferrets.  Have to be careful.  I usually always worry about dogs now I
have to worry about owls!

Just wanted to share. Take care everyone, Ingrid