From:
Katherine Kuckens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 13:52:06 -0400
Just my humble opinion, but maybe we should appeal to the Governor's sense
of himself as a national figure, that the whole nation will be aware of his
actions, that Michigan's reputation is at stake?  Well, here's what I faxed
today.  Have you ALL sent YOUR fax and/or letter to help Kodo?  Do it now!

Dear Governor Engler,

Sir, you have the opportunity to make an important decision -- one that
would show that you are a thoughtful, logical person, unswayed by petty
politics, and willing to act humanely.  Your decision will be known to
thousands of people all over the country, will be widely reported on
television and newspapers, and will have a great impact on how the country
sees you and how they see the great state of Michigan!

Quite literally, the eyes of the nation will be on you.

Please, please intervene on behalf of Kodo, the ferret.  He is a vaccinated
housepet, not an unknown wild animal.  If he were indeed rabid, the disease
would certainly have shown up by now.  The judge will decide his case
Tuesday at 3:00 pm.  If the judgement is against Kodo, I urge you to grant a
stay of execution until Kodo's attorney can file an appeal.  People all over
the country have followed this case, and you could be the one to set an
important legal precedent that would help pet owners everywhere, as well as
prove that Michigan is a state of modern, forward thinking, compassionate
government.

If you let Kodo be killed,  I will not spend money in Michigan again, either
for vacation, business conventions, mail order products, or even automobiles
if I can help it.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Katherine Kuckens
(address and phone #)

FAX Governor Engler:  517-335-6949  NOW ! ! !