From:
Michael Schieman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 1996 00:48:15 EST
DISCLAIMER: Yes, I used to be a preacher.  Yes, I've played one on TV and
Radio.  Trying VERY hard to get over all of that.

I have Zero, Zilch, Nada, No plans of writing a Gospel According to Paw Paw.
Some other folks have written Gospels and I think that they did a very nice
job of work.  I'm flattered that so many folks are enjoying the
ferret-related Christmas stories that I'm writing.  Other than the fact that
I've interjected ferrets into the stories, there is nothing original to be
found in them that was not in the original accounts written by Matthew,
Yahweh, Mark, Luke, John, The Great Spirit, Thomas, Paul, Peter, Buddha,
Krishna, Pele, Vishnu, and the prophets of the Old Testament; not to mention
so many others.  (Left out Mohammed for personal reasons).

The simple fact, IMNSHO, is that there is beauty and truth to be found in
most of the religions of man.  Let us all join together in celebrating the
joy and hope of Christmas.  We may not agree on all of it's meanings.  I
rejoice in the in the fact that it is filled with joy and love.

So, it is with a clear conscience that I write the Chrismas stories that I
do, and decline your offers to write more about the Christain experience.
Thanks for the suggestions that I do so.  That's just not where I am right
now.

Many much loves,

Paw Paw