From:
Dave & Debbie Les <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 13:12:00 -0400
Hello everyone,

It has been a hectic week for me and I promise that I will return all of my
mail. Please be patient.

It is sometimes very hard to get through this list because of the sad and
heartbreaking stories.  Vicki's account of Sebastion and pixies really
touched me.  Deb & I will say some prayers for all of the sadness and
sickness that exists.  Funny thing, though.  I never feel depressed after
reading these sad stories.  In fact it is a nice feeling to know that there
is so much love out there, and I feel a little closer to my "adopted family
of FML folks".

- A special note to Vicki - Based upon my experiences, I know that you have
made the right decision about where priorities should be. Good luck!

OH YEAH - the CRUSADE!
I have mentioned in prior posts about the Great Lakes Ferret Association and
the wonderful work they have done for ferrets in Michigan.  I am a new
member who has a bad habit of getting on my white horse every once in a
while.  There has been much written lately about rabies quarantines and
"bite and kill" policies.  Unfortunatly, Michigan is a "bite and kill"
state.  The GLFA is working through an attorney to test the law in the hopes
of having the policy reversed.  I've been "knighted" by them to lead the 2nd
prong of the effort - which is why I need your help.

I fealt that the approach involving the attorney might cause the powers to
be to dig in their heals so I recommended that we also test the power of
this Internet to once again join forces to save ferret lives ( I also
contributed to White Fang's fund).  Please send me ideas, experiences,
documents, etc.  that I might use to appeal the authorities to reverse their
policy.  I think that by flooding them with appropriate studies,
professional experience, opinions (if they are from the right source they
could be influential), etc., etc., etc., we might be able to sway (shame?)
them into a more reasonable position.  Please don't be bashful about
credentials and include any background info.  that would add credibility to
your submissions.

Please email to me personally at:
in order to keep the FML uncluttered .
Please send me any inside info on the Center for Disease Control, pertinent
political insight,  compromising photos of decision makers, or anything that
you think might help.

If any of you were instrumental in dealing with your state's policy, I would
especially like to have an opportunity discuss strategies.

Thanks in advance!!!

This could potentially save hundreds of ferret lives - not only in Michigan.

Dave & Deb
Weazer, L.S., & White Fang (not the famous one)
2Catz

P.S. I am getting real nervous. If any of you have watched an old TV western
complete with at least one wagon train scene, you must have heard...
'... I don't like it, Clay. It's just a little too quiet around here!...'
Does anyone know what the FLO is up to????